Reinvent Your Business – Interactive Keynote or Virtual
(In Person and Webinars)
Getting Used to Different!
Every leader can reinvent both their business and perspective in the face of change in an entertaining, energetic and interactive presentation that will engage participants in discussions for months following the program: Change is happening...! Just as the Kindle has changed publishing, Netflix has changed movie rentals, the smartphone has changed transactions, navigating and personal information... the realities of your business climate have changed... permanently. Answer questions and hear stories about amazing turnarounds and reinventions from companies in an out of your industry who took advantage of a changing economic and business climate.
- In what ways has your "business climate" CHANGED recently?
- What do people VALUE MOST about your organization?
- What is "KINDLING" our business model, practices and policies now?
- What is your primary role as a LEADER of your organization?
- What is COSTING us more than returning to us?
- Why is frequency PREFERABLE to loyalty in customers?
"Jim was very motivational, fun, and informative. The Community Bank Directors in Illinois loved him!"
Tracy McGuinn, Community Bankers Association of Illinois
"I certainly enjoyed your seminar at the Pacific Oil Conference. You are a true professional. Your message is of great value and your delivery is outstanding."
The 5 Levels of Leadership – Conversational Interactive Keynote or Virtual Conversational Presentation
(In Person and Webinars)
Great leaders constantly ask, "Who could and should do what I am doing now?"
Every leader and manager can move up to a higher level of influence and effectiveness, and elevate their organization's influence and value both internally and externally. You can develop a plan to raise your team and equip them to take on many responsibilities, task and the authority you have... and allow yourself to both move higher and create a lasting leadership footprint.
Leadership is measured by influence; nothing more, nothing less!
These levels easily illustrate WHY people follow us and what we can do to enhance our position. Find out WHY people follow a leader's influence. You will learn WHERE you are on the “Ladder of Leadership.” Next discover HOW to master each level and move up to the next to become more influential, respected and successful leader. Finally you will determine WHAT you need to be and pay to raise your leadership level. Through humor, in-depth insight and examples,everyone will come away knowing their level of leadership and ready to rise to the next step to increase their influence and the followers in the organization.
Then discuss the price tag of successful leadership in terms of ethics, equipping and sacrifices made to accomplish results and add value to people.
1. Our Leadership Lid: Leadership ABILITY determines a person's effectiveness and influence.
2. Level One: People follow the POSITION/TITLE
3. Level Two: People follow the RELATIONSHIP
4. Level Three: People follow the RESULTS
5. Level Four: People follow the DEVELOPMENT
6. Level Five: People follow the RESPECT/PERSONHOOD
7. The Price Tag: Every worthy goal comes with a price tag that leaders must pay to achieve success. Pay the price early so the costs and sacrifices are less.
The bottom line: Never do another task unobserved and you'll always be equipping someone else.
- Discover the reasons people follow certain leaders better than others.
- Maximize your leadership potential for organizational growth.
- Learn the steps to master each level to grow your influence and effectiveness in your organization.
- Identify sacrifices to be made and the cost of ethical leadership.
- Develop an actionable plan to equip people on your team to do the tasks you are doing daily.
What's in it for you? Growth for your leadership, extension of your influence, maximize your potential and add value to leaders in your organization.
"I learned to reinvent my leadership and more importantly: How to do it."
"I enjoyed the interactive presentation engaging the audience. Great storytelling! I was engaged and it made me think differently."
-Waylon Walton, Marathon Petroleum Company
Reinventing Your Style – Staff Development & Customer Service
Adapting to Others Better
Every leader can learn how to place the right person in the right job reducing turnover and personal leadership stress. How do you lead different people in a changing environment? Are you managing everyone in their strengths? Do you equip and hire people for Authority, or for Responsibility? Participants will enjoy an interactive exchange about positioning individuals to perform at their best. Participants will explore essential tools for managing, leading & retention of good workers, improved communication and reduced conflict. A fast paced, high-energy presentation in a "Dr. Phil meets Jeff Foxworthy" delivery that explores:
- Building a climate of trust in your team and organization
- Succession planning and ongoing leadership equipping
- Identifying different personalities you manage and market to...
- Leading people to perform in their strengths with authority
- Identifying your customers' and employees' connections styles
- Reinventing and adapting your connecting style
- Discover the strengths of your management style and those of your staff.
- Identify the areas that people work best and learn to place them in positions to succeed.
- Understand examples of working with different personalities and how to adapt.
- Add value to people and give more authority instead of more responsibilities
- Design a unique actionable plan to connect more effectively internally and externally.
What's in it for you? Increased results with less stress!
"Jim keeps his audience involved throughout his presentation. It makes you reflect on what you can do to make your own business better. He makes it very clear that you cannot be afraid to change; in fact, it is essential in today's business world. He backs up his points with real business world facts. You leave the room ready to take your business to the next level!"
-Bruce, Central One, British Columbia
"Great job! You were our best speaker!"
-Brandy Dixon, Alaska State Chamber of Commerce
Hire and Manage Like a Generational Genius – Interactive Keynote
Where were YOU when the world changed?
Anyone can become a "Generational Genius" in today’s economic climate! Grocery stores, restaurants (like McDonalds and Starbucks), retailers (Best Buy and Book stores) and many other industries like utilities, petroleum producers, etc. are trying to develop an approach to the Millennial generation’s business and buying styles. And with Generation Z coming of age, you can be sure...
Millennials and Gen Z will be running your organization one day... soon!
-How do you market to and work with different generational styles to reach this age group?
-What are the Four Critical Factors that drive Millennials and Gen Z?
-How do you brand your organization based on their trends?
-What are the differences in world view, social consciousness and economics that characterize Millennials?
-How can you communicate better with each generation to market and hire successfully?
Each generation is explored in a humorous and familiar style to help you answer the question each generation asks: “Where were you when _____________ occurred?” …and how does that answer affect your generational impact growth and hiring strategy?
You can be a "Generational Genius" in marketing, hiring, development and training with Millennials.
Thank you for coming to speak. It was worth waiting for Thursday morning to hear you speak. Judy didn’t do you justice saying you did a “good job” closing the conference. You were spectacular and gave me much to think about and share with my Executive Director.
Charles McKay, CFO
Central Alabama Child Development & CDC, Inc.