"You were an incredible hit and an inspiration to all! You were the perfect fit to get the Conference off to a great start. I have received nothing but rave reviews! Thanks for making our Educational Workshop a success and for making me look good!!"
-Dana Fuller, Texas Food and Fuel Association
The 15 Unequivocal Laws of Sales - In Person or Virtual
The Secret of Our Success is Discovered in Our Daily Agenda!
Sales and marketing has changed forever. They will never be the same again. Customers who are focused on cost have not been sold on the value to them. The methods that worked for you in the past are obsolete.
When buyers perceive value, you control the price.
1. The Law of Mr. Rogers: We buy from people we like. We sell ourselves more than the product or service. People won't go along with you if that can't get along with you.
2. The Law of Security: An intentional person projects security and attracts people. We will sell in direct proportion to our level of insecurity. If you think “Nobody wants to buy from me,” Guess what? nobody will buy from you.
3. The Law of Columbo: The buyer who talks less, buys less. When we ask more questions we make more sales. The more questions you ask, the more information you can respond and ask more. If we ask more questions we will sell more. The seller who doesn’t ask questions will soon have silence on the buying end.
4. The Law of Process:Sales is a process, not an event. We overestimate the event and we underestimate the process. Sales must be viewed as a crockpot, not a microwave.
5. The Law of “WII-FM:”Everybody listens to WII-FM: What's In It For Me? Benefits always beat features. The combination of those two is called VALUE. Be a value-addition to others constantly to people and you will have more sales closings.
6. The Law of Diligence:The more prospects we gather, the better odds of closing more sales. Increasing our contacts will increase our prospects, and will increase our sales. A diligent person is always respected professionally.
7. The Law of The Rosetta Stone:Our communication builds connection. Great salespeople speak customer’s languages fluently. Connecting is all about connecting in terms the customer uses and understands.
8. The Law of The First Contact: Everybody likes to help people. Asking for help will elicit a YES response and opens the door to the buyer. The object of the first visit is to get the second visit. Ask permission to come back a second time with more details and ask for the business.
9. The Law of "Who's the Boss?": The real leader is the person who wields authority and grants gives permission. We must connect with the permission-giver on all sales. Find the permission-giver who writes the check to close the sale. When the one buying has to get permission from “Daddy “to write the check, it tells you to connect with Daddy. If you have been taking people to lunch and not closing sales, you are eating with the wrong people!
10. The Law of The Bundle:Everyone loves a bundle. People see more value when we bundle in our everyday features as a perk. More sales are made to people who are satisfied with our multiple services and connection with them.
11. The Law of The Advisor: People gravitate to those who can navigate them to the right place. Great sales are the result of becoming a trusted resource for business growth. The more we are trusted for advice, the more we are seen as authoritative and the more we will sell. Be a "trust-builder" who adds value to everyone everywhere.
12. The Law of The Purple Cow:Uniqueness is our Number One marketing value. People buy from us when we stand out and make a difference in their lives and businesses. Find something unique that you do or give that makes you stand out from the rest.
13. The Law of Chick-Fil-A: If we want to get bigger, we must be better. If we improve on what we do, focus on our strengths, and practice what we are very good at doing, we won't be able to keep people away. Our best customers become our best marketers. Better is the gateway to becoming successful... and bigger.
14. The Law of “Let’s Make a Deal:” People buy with their heart, not their head. Always be willing to negotiate in good faith and build value into the deal. Become a resource for more than what the customer expects.
15. The Law of The Price Tag: When we pay the price on the front end, the cost is less on the back end. There is a price to be paid to be successful. The higher the success, the greater the price. Building trust and adding value rewards are greater.
What's in if for you? Sell value over price at higher profits.
"This will help me get into the buyers head to deliver a better solution for them."
-Janice, Reed Business, Markham, Ontario
"Jim proved to be an engaging and effective communicator. We did four sessions in four days around the state. He kept his message consistent, but adapted it for each audience based on interactions with the attendees. During a break at one session, an attendee approached me and said, "you know it's good when I'm already thinking it will be over too soon!"
-Doug, Arkansas Broadcasters, Little Rock, AR
Customer Service Made Easy Workshop - In Person or Virtual
What are the four questions every customer wants answered?
Customers are smarter and more savvy today. They make fast decisions and won't settle for less from the person "serving" them. By the time they call your business, they already know about your competition. They shop more online (in fewer clicks) than ever. They receive their news, weather, financial services, business updates and questions answered on IPads and smart phones. They expect fast, courteous service - or they will find it somewhere else.
How are customers being punished for doing business with you?
Customer Service Made Easy is a skill-building training program that uses participant dialogue and interaction to help customer service professionals develop first-class competencies in the service needs of their customers. It helps customer service representatives focus on customer needs, enhance value-based service, and increase customer frequency and loyalty.
What's in it for you? Turn every customer service opportunity into an experience that increases value.
"I have been through several dozen trainings over the years. This presentation opened my eyes more than any other. I can put this to use walking out the door."
-Rodney, Portland, OR
Facilitated Reinvention Strategic Planning
There are SIMPLE STEPS for reinventing our goals and reaching them on time!
How do you Reinvent the brand and culture of your organization? Today, people know that reinvention is easy, but need a strategic plan. They want to know how to avoid the pitfalls so many organizations fall into as they transform their culture, marketing, workforce, products and services. You want a simple road map to guide you on the journey.
Change your strategy; change your results.
Reinvention Strategic Planning is an interactive dialogue with your leadership, staff and customers. It helps you repurpose your policies, products, services and strategies for measureable results. You work in the customized coaching session(s) to determine what is unique about you and your organization that differentiates you from everyone else. You come away with a roadmap to reframe, repurpose and reassess your goals for your organization.
"Rarely when you hear someone speak for a second time do you expect to come away with as much excitement as the first. When I heard Jim for the second time this was not the case. He will make you take a step back and evaluate the path both you and your practice are on. He created a desire for me to "think outside the box". Every day is a challenge in today's healthcare market and hearing him gave me the confidence to embrace today's challenges and not be afraid to reinvent what we are doing."
-Debbie, MGMA, Alabama
Reinvent Your Leadership Workshop - In Person or Virtual
The business environment has changed forever. It calls for a new way of thinking about employees and management. More and more companies today are seeking a way to unite their workforce into a
positive community that supports one another – in a culture of empowerment to act as one. Individual contributions are encouraged and rewarded. The movement to a cohesive community within your workplace promotes healthy management relationships.
Your employees are either encouraging your business or discouraging it.
What's in it for you? Build a cohesive team that grows intentionally and progressively stronger together.
"Thanks again for the Management Training with my Leadership Team. Everyone was greatly impressed. I'm looking forward to having you back for the same training for all of our employees."
-Mark, President, Idaho Banking Company, Boise, ID
"I want to thank you for a great session in Albuquerque. Your ideas and comments provoked a lot of thoughts that will be put into action."
-Bill, Great American Media, New Mexico
* The following presentations are led in casual, conversational discussions as group masterminds to grow leadership potential and add value to your team. Each interactive training workshop is designed to guarantee your people will come away excited with at least 3 (or more!) actionable ideas to implement.
15 Invaluable Laws of Growth - Team Training
In order to reach your potential, you must be intentional about personal growth." -Dr. John C. Maxwell
- Law 1: The Law Of Intentionality – Growth Doesn’t Just Happen
- Law 2: The Law Of Awareness – You Must Know Yourself To Grow Yourself
- Law 3: The Law Of The Mirror – You Must See Value In Yourself To Add Value To Yourself
- Law 4: The Law Of Reflection – Learning To Pause Allows Growth To Catch Up With You
- Law 5: The Law Of Consistency – Motivation Gets You Going – Discipline Keeps You Growing
- Law 6: The Law of Environment – Growth Thrives In Conducive Surroundings
- Law 7: The Law Of Design – To Maximize Growth, Develop Strategies
- Law 8: The Law Of Pain – Good Management of Bad Experiences Leads to Great Growth
- Law 9: The Law Of The Ladder – Character Growth Determines The Height Of Your Personal Growth
- Law 10: The Law Of The Rubber Band – Growth Stops When You Lose The Tension Between Where You Are And Where You Could Be
- Law 11: The Law Of Tradeoffs – You Have To Give Up To Go Up
- Law 12: The Law Of Curiosity – Growth Is Driven By Wanting To Learn More
- Law 13: The Law Of Modeling – It’s Hard To Improve When You Have No One Else But Yourself To Follow
- Law 14: The Law Of Expansion – Growth Always Increases Our Capacity
- Law 15: The Law Of Contribution – Growing Yourself Enables You To Grow Others
"This helps! Your presentation style is very relatable and that's obviously important. People are better off knowing you."
-Kurt Boney, Radio Advantage Plus
Everyone Communicates, Few Connect - Team Training
"Only one thing stands between you and success. It isn't experience. It isn't talent." -Dr. John C Maxwell
World-renowned leadership expert John C. Maxwell says if you want to succeed, you must learn how to connect with people. And while it may seem like some folks are just born with it, the fact is anyone can learn how to make every communication an opportunity for a powerful connection. In Everyone Communicates, Few Connect, Maxwell shares the Five Principles and Five Practices to develop the crucial skill of connecting, including:
- Finding Common Ground
- Keeping Your Communication Simple
- Capturing People’s Interest
- Inspiring People
- Staying Authentic in all Your Relationships
The ability to connect with others is a major determining factor in reaching your full potential. It’s no secret! Connecting is a skill you can learn and apply in your personal, professional, and family relationships- and you can start now by. I want my team to start connecting better today!
"I wanted to let you know that we received our conference evaluations back and our attendees raved about your presentation. Thank you so much for coming and presenting!"
-Caryn Michalak, Michigan Court Clerks
Becoming a Person of Influence - Team Training
How to Positively Impact the Lives of Others
Whatever your vocation or aspiration, you can increase your impact on others by Becoming a Person of Influence. Learn simple, insightful ways to interact more positively with others, and watch your personal and organizational success go off the charts.
- Managers will see their employees respond with new enthusiasm
- Parents will connect with their children on a deeper level
- Coaches will see their clients blossom
- Speakers will reach more people
- Salespeople will break records
"We so appreciated you joining us for our Annual Conference and kicking us off in such splendid fashion. Several people expressed to me how “perfect” you were. Others said they’d heard some of the content and message before, but appreciated your “twist” on truths. I consider those unsolicited comments high praise. You are truly a pro!"
-Bill Bates, Executive Director, LeadingAge Missouri